Branch Operations Specialist IIVALLEYSTAR CREDIT UNION
JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!
ValleyStar Credit Union has an exciting opportunity for a Branch Operations Specialist II in the Rocky Mount area.
ValleyStar Credit Union has been serving families and businesses across Virginia and North Carolina since 1953. We have branch locations in Collinsville, Danville, Martinsville, Roanoke, Rocky Mount, South Boston and Waynesboro.
ValleyStar’s mission is to build strong relationships, provide responsive professional service, and financial stability. Our Company vision is to improve the quality of life and the financial wellbeing of our members, community, and employees. We offer a great work environment and exceptional opportunities for advancement. Our team members enjoy free employee insurance, paid sick, personal, and vacation leave, as well as a 401(k) match. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Branch Operations Specialist II acts as an “ambassador of good will” when performing his/her basic job responsibilities by greeting members and the general public with enthusiasm and providing them with fast and efficient professional service. The Branch Operations Specialist II has maximum contact with the membership making it imperative that they project a pleasant and personable demeanor. The Branch Operations Specialist II is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the teller line and assisting members and potential members with all financial transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote the mission, vision, products, services and image of the Credit Union on a continuing basis to all internal and external members, volunteers, vendors and the community via appropriate words and actions.
- Respond to members’ and potential members’ requests, problems and complaints, and/or direct them to the proper person for specific information and assistance.
- Provide information about services or policies, including eligibility for membership, insurance on loans, loan policies, interest rates, current dividend rates, locations, office hours and telephone numbers.
- Responsible for the overall operations of the branch including the coordination of teller operations and desk team at the branch, assisting the manager in audit, training and coaching responsibilities.
- Responsible for assisting members with a wide variety of products and services including deposit and loan products.
- Serves as a key operational resource for the credit union. Implements, communicates and manages branch-related operational policies and procedures under the direction of the Branch Manager.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of products and services and cross-sell the same to members and potential members.
- Offers creative suggestions to improve services and or products to members and to improve work efficiency.
- Attend and participate in in-house and or off-site training, seminars, and workshops.
- Attend and participate in department and corporate meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Make sound business decisions within scope of authority.
- Associate’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience is preferred, however, a minimum of 3 years of related experience and a high school diploma is required.
- Prior lending and member service experience in the financial field is required.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Available to work Saturday hours as needed.
- Demonstrate effective listening skills and high degree of verbal and written communication.
- Actively demonstrate and support the Organizational Standards.
- Overtly support the team environment in the workplace.
- Ensure confidentiality of all information and transactions’ regarding the credit union, its members and employees is held to the highest level of business ethics.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Able to operate a personal computer, telephone, scanner, and copy machine.
- Demonstrate basic skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Comply with all federal regulations, credit union policies and procedures, including Bank Secrecy, the USA Patriot Act, and those of the Office of Foreign Assets Controls.
- Sit/stand for extended periods of time.
- Maybe required to lift boxes in excess of 25 pounds.
- Maybe asked to travel to various branch locations.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal function of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in this job. Also, employment with ValleyStar Credit Union is mutually terminable, at-will; therefore this job description shall not be construed to be an employment contract.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by applicable law.