DS Support Coordinator-AdultRichmond Behavioral Health Authority
The Richmond Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA) is seeking a full-time DS Support Coordinator's who will coordinate and monitor services for adults with intellectual disabilities and developmental disabilities. Job responsibilities will include completing assessments; developing person-centered service plans; linking to service providers; monitoring service plans and ongoing services; advocating for preferences and service needs, and ensuring documentation complies with regulatory, reimbursement, and agency requirements.
• Assesses client service needs, capabilities and appropriateness for services; presents options and services based upon a needs assessment and client preference.
• Develops a person centered plan of care and services appropriate to the individual; reviews and updates service plans.
• Makes referrals and linkages to appropriate agencies for services; coordinates client services and treatment with multiple service providers and agencies.
• Evaluates the quality of services provided and monitors the client's well-being; evaluates client's environment for safety.
• Serves as liaison to public agencies and provides information regarding Authority programs and services.
• Provides crisis intervention and prevention services.
• Prepares a variety of reports; prepares and maintains client charts and other records.
• Attends meetings, staffing's, and conferences as they relate to client, staff and program needs.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS Education and Experience
A minimum of a bachelor's degree in a human service field including, but not limited to, sociology, social work, special education, counseling, or psychology. An advanced degree in a related field fulfills the requirements if a qualified candidate does not have a bachelor’s degree in a related field area. At least 1 year documented experience working directly with individuals who have developmental disabilities.
Valid driver's license in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
QDDP status upon hire.
FULL TIME/PART-TIME Full-time
OPEN DATE 12/20/2019
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Richmond Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA) is licensed by the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services and is the statutorily established public entity responsible for providing mental health, intellectual disabilities, substance use disorders and prevention services to the citizens of the City of Richmond. Integrated services are available for adults, children and families through a central intake unit. Services are provided directly by staff of the Authority and through contracts with private providers in the community.
Mission: RBHA enhances the quality of life for the people of Richmond by promoting and providing quality behavioral health and developmental services that are available, accessible, and cost-effective.
STARTING SALARY RANGE 44,427.56
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.