Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Full-time & Part-time Cook responsible for the preparation, cooking, and presentation of daily meals and special events at Hollins University.
What you will do:
- Ensure quality and timeliness of food production, using batch-cooking methods to maintain quality and freshness of the product.
- Use traditional, made from scratch preparation methods and keep accurate production logs.
- Work collaboratively alongside other production staff to incorporate key ingredients/products into recipe and menu offerings on a daily basis
- Participate in transporting, setting up, garnishing, maintaining, and breaking down of food and supplies at assigned stations.
- Assist in maintaining quality and performing tasks quickly and efficiently
- Adhere to food safety, sanitation standards, and all HACCP recordings
What you need:
- Culinary Degree or a minimum of 3 years culinary experience preferred
- Experience with high volume foodservice operations, preferably school environments.
- High levels of professionalism and strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and good organizational skills
- Flexibility; ability to switch between locations and job duties
- Growing knowledge of sustainable practices.
- ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification preferred
- Reliable Transportation
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay
- Meals Provided
- Benefits such as Health, Vision, Dental, and more!