Substance Use Services Peer Support Case ManagerGoochland Powhatan Community Services Board
Substance Use Services Peer Support Case Manager
Establish peer recovery services with adults experiencing substance use & co-occurring issues. Completion of Peer Specialist training preferred. Grant funded, full time with benefits.
Under supervision of the Outpatient Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing education and training to adults with substance use and co-occurring disorders aimed at
developing problem-solving skills, enhancing self-esteem, improving social and relationship skills and facilitating enhanced community integration and recovery within their treatment providers and community. This may include conducting personal interactions with consumers to promote peer-to-peer support, working with Clinicians, Case Managers, Psychiatric Staff, Community Providers, and consumers to ensure healthy progression, providing suggestions to consumers to advise of quality, sound decisions, and related work as apparent or assigned. Case Management duties include serving as a liaison, link and conduit for information among the consumer, their services within GPCS, Community Resources, Justice Services such as the courts, probation, jail/prison, and peer run services available to the consumer. This includes responsibilities toward consumers such as engaging with them and/or their families prior to and following initial appointments, keeping them abreast of the same day access process, seeing that they are aware of services available at same
day access and program assignment, assisting in exploring their treatment options and, when appropriate, connecting consumers with community resources, peer counselors or other peer services. The individual in this position will have personal experience and demonstrated recovery from substance use and co-occurring disorders. Engaging, connecting, and advocating for persons with substance use and co-occurring disorders within the service sector and the community at large is a major component of this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Psychiatric Rehabilitation, Sociology, Counseling,
- Vocation Rehabilitation, Human Services or Licensed RN or CSAC
- One year providing direct services to individuals with substance use disorders.
- One year of direct services to individuals with co-occurring disorders.
- May include services provided during volunteer and internship positions.
- Personal experience with substance use and co-occurring disorders and recovery.
- Position will be required to possess a valid Virginia driver's license
- Completion of Certified Peer Specialist Program
- Must submit to pre-hire criminal background check