PC Technician-Full TimeFRANKLIN COUNTY GOVERNMENT CENTER
Franklin County seeks a Full Time PC Technician.
Responsibilities include: Troubleshoots & resolves hardware, software & communication problems/conflicts/defects. Must be proficient in current Windows software programs with the ability to install & configure computer systems, hardware & peripherals. A Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Certification is required & must be maintained for continued employment. New employees have 6 months from date of hire to obtain the MCSA Certification. Training & Certification testing will be provided. After-hours work required. High School graduate or equivalent with specialized training & 1-3 years technical work with computers preferred.
Starting salary range: $35,537-$41,388, commensurate with Education & Experience. Excellent Benefits.
Under general supervision, uses specialized knowledge or skills to perform hardware support and repairs for user departments throughout County Administration. Resolves hardware, software and communication problems/conflicts/defects. Must work with designated vendor support organization to schedule, install, and trouble shoot problems. May interact with end users; recommend the purchase of inventory, and control supplies and/or parts as well as setup new machines for replacement.
This position receives daily supervision and guidance from the Assistant Director, Applications and Operations.
- Investigates, analyzes, and resolves hardware and associated software and communications problems on County computer system; performs complex hardware repairs and maintenance on a wide range of pc-based computers and peripherals.
- Provides advanced hardware technical assistance and support; troubleshoots and resolves system hardware, software, and communications failures and conflicts.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email; alternatively provides a timely response to customer needs based on department policies continuing support after regular business hours being On Call.
- Installs, integrates, and configures new computer systems and hardware providing the end user with the proper equipment to perform their job functions; ensures that the end user environment is secure from external and internal threats; provides the necessary training and instruction to ensure that the end user is proficient on that equipment.
- Reviews and processes problem reports; documents the progress of problem resolutions.
- Maintains a high level quality of customer service standards in dealing with and responding to questions.
- Create and Maintain the Images required to update and deploy end user computers.
- Installs and repairs mobile and fixed law enforcement related technology.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of equipment owned and/or supported throughout the county, county agencies and court system; ensure that all inventory is tagged appropriately; accurately track warranty expiration, locations, and users, etc. for all assets; ensures that the network information is accurate for all equipment and users;
- Order, maintain, support and document all equipment that the County owns, supports or uses including but not limited to cell phones, printers, monitors, and visual aid equipment.
- Maintain the level of certification and training required of the current versions of hardware and software enabling the highest level of timely response to problems and the needs of the end user.
- Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties as may be assigned.
Essential Knowledges, Skills and Abilities
Proficient in current operating system software and most current Windows updates/changes. Technical knowledge needed to determine and insure computer equipment hardware and software needs. Must be able to communicate with County officials, department heads and all personnel using computer equipment. General knowledge of MS Office programs, and utility programs. Ability to perform advanced complex repairs and upgrades on a wide variety of computers and peripherals. Knowledge of advanced computer troubleshooting techniques. Ability to install and configure computer systems, hardware and peripherals. Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.