Senior Administrative AssistantFERRUM COLLEGE
Senior Administrative Assistant for the Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs
Ferrum College invites applications for the position of Senior Administrative Assistant for the Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs. He/she will provide clerical and administrative support for the Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs and to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Assistant will provide administrative support for accredited academic programs in Teacher Education and Social Work, and all future accredited programs at Ferrum College. He/she will also provide assistance, when necessary, to other academic support areas.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Coordinate calendar and schedule appoints for the Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Maintain budget information including processing and record-keeping of purchase orders, credit card statements, reimbursement forms, etc.
- Maintain meeting minutes as needed (including the recording, typing and digital photographs)
- Meeting and event planning, including room reservations
- Responsible for all aspects of the Dean's list
- Responsible for all clerical aspects for the Academic Awards Ceremonies, including Commencement
- Supervise student employees
- High School Graduate with strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites, including Excel and Access.
- Minimum of 7 years related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree with strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficiency n Microsoft Office Suites, including Excel and Access.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, life, STD/LTD insurances, paid holidays, personal and sick leave and vacation, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.