Grounds Enhancement ManagerFERRUM COLLEGE
Grounds Enhancement Manager
Ferrum College has an immediate opening for a Grounds Enhancement Manager in our Physical Plant Department. The Grounds Enhancement Manager performs all activities relating to the maintenance and beautification of campus, all grounds, roads, walks, parking lots, and other areas in a safe, clean, and orderly condition. This position also provides general oversight to the operation of the Titmus Agricultural Center.
- Primary responsibilities include maintenance of campus grounds to include seeding, fertilizing, watering, planting, mowing, spraying, leaf collection, trimming, and removal and planting; assist in the development of landscape plans and advise the Director of Physical Plant Services in acquisition of all items required for such plans.
- Operates assigned grounds maintenance equipment and snow plows.
- This is a full time, 40-hour week position.
- Occasional weekend and overtime work required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20-50 pounds on a regular basis and work in all types of weather.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record are required.
Preferred qualifications include Class B Commercial Driver's License, Pesticide Certification, and prior experience in athletic field maintenance.
We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, life, STD/LTD insurances; paid holidays, personal and sick leave and vacation; and a 403(b) retirement plan.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.